Chief Financial Officer
Published on 08/30/2023Providence Christian School of Texas - Dallas, TX
The Chief Financial Officer oversees all of the school's financial and physical operations and serves the Board of Trustees in meeting its fiduciary responsibilities to achieve the School's goals and support its mission. He or she supervises the employee payroll/benefits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor selection, general ledger, annual budget, insurance, annual external audit processes, and endowment administration. In addition, the CFO directs the facilities manager in the upkeep and management of the physical operation of the school, including buildings and grounds maintenance, housekeeping, and capital expenditures. Finally, the CFO oversees the risk management program and is responsible for all government compliance issues related to federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Degree in finance, accounting, or a closely related field; CPA preferred
- Eight years of commensurate experience creating and executing financial planning and management strategies
- Experience working in or strategic consulting for private schools, or other non-profit entities is preferred
- Strategic minded, analytical, and enjoys challenges and problem-solving
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Steeped in moral purpose, clarity, conviction, and integrity
- A love of and commitment to classical, Christian education
- Active faith and commitment to Jesus Christ
- Willingness to work as part of a team by being service-oriented, flexible, and reliable
About Providence Christian School of Texas
Providence Christian School of Texas is classical Christian school serving students from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The average tenure of our employees is 10 years, which is a true testament to the fulfilling work environment of Providence. The School has been in the Dallas Morning News' "Top 100 Places to Work" since 2014, winning first place in 2017, third place in 2016, and "Best at Showing Appreciation" in 2017 for the small-business category.
Appreciated, joyful, and inspired employees play an immense role in our flourishing and transformational education. Our goal is to care well for our leadership, faculty, and staff—giving great meaning to each person's role in our mission, paying fairly what each person deserves, and providing one of the top benefit plans in Dallas. Every job matters and is essential to forming the habits, training the minds, and shaping the hearts of our students. Providence is a community of individuals who take great value in the work they do, are passionate about the School's mission, are committed to discipling the families entrusted to us, and take a servant-hearted approach, often going above and beyond to do their job faithfully, joyfully, and well.
We are selective with who we hire, employing the best and brightest in their area. If you are interested in working at Providence, we encourage you to submit an application. Below are our current openings. Even if we do not have any open positions, we still invite you to submit an application. We are always looking for exemplary teachers!
Location5002 West Lovers Lane , Dallas, TX 75209